Tips Before Hiring a Chauffeur in London
Hiring a chauffeur service in London is convenient. It takes away the hassle of hailing cabs and saves time from waiting for a booked car from booking apps on a mobile phone. When travelling — whether it’s a leisure or business trip, it’s essential to maximise your time. That’s why hiring a chauffeur in London is a good plan.
The right chauffeur will arrive at the schedule right on time and be there precisely when you need them to whisk you off to your next destination. That’s why it makes sense to hire the right chauffeur in London to avoid disappointment and research on the chauffeur hire company thoroughly.
Assess Your Needs
Before you start looking around for a chauffeur service, find out what kind of chauffeur service you need. You can make a list of information, so you don’t get disappointed on the type of vehicle that they offer you.
- Type of service – airport transfer, wedding chauffeur, corporate event, moving van service, or a prom service.
- Number of passengers – the number of people who are going to ride.
- Number of pick-up stops – the number of stops you need to make.
- Day and time of pick up – the schedule of your chauffeur service.
- Length of time you’ll need the limousine – the time of use while being hired.
Define Your Wants
If you’re going to have a special occasion such as wedding service, you’ll want to have amenities inside the vehicle. These unique features may include a TV, sound system, fibre optic starlight roof, sunroof, or a bar.
Research on a Company
You probably now have a certain type of vehicle you want to book. It might be anything from a Mercedes sedan to a luxury Range Rover. Not all car rental companies have limousine and sedan in their fleet. Make a list of the companies that provide the type of vehicle you have in mind.
Check the Reputation
Nowadays, most of what’s written on a website are just marketing tactics. It can be difficult to find the ones that are actually providing what they actually offer. Research on the company’s reputation. Look for reviews or ask someone you may know who has used them before.
Inspect What You’re Renting
Most companies will let you check out the car you’re going to rent before booking them. Examine if the vehicle is in immaculate condition. If you can’t visit the company, ask for photos of the car you’ll be renting.
It’s best to compare prices when it comes to looking for a car rental. Try to get more than one quote. This should include the following:
- Minimum rental period. Depending on the time of the year, the rental period may vary.
- Time of rental commencement. When do they start charging, from up-up or when the car leaves the company location?
- Overtime charges. How will you be charged if you unexpectedly need to extend your hire?
- Hidden Extras. Will you be charged for the insurance and the gratuity?
- Deposit. Will you be required to lodge an asset (a large sum of money) to the company as collateral?
Note that cheaper isn’t always the better. The company might be compromising on some features of the car or the quality of the vehicle you’ll be hiring.
When it comes to hiring a chauffeur service, you also need to ask about the chauffeur driver. It’s vital that the company does a background and security check on their drivers before hiring them.
A ride in a luxury vehicle is a great experience. It offers top-class comfort and adds glamour whatever the occasion is. By doing these assessments, you’ll ensure that you can enjoy your ride knowing that you’ve made the right decision of hiring a specific company.